It’s common to neglect the hands a bit. Getting regular manicures, unless you’re indulging for spa treatments, is just not enough. It’s easy for the hands to look dry and tired and while moisturizer does help, sometimes you need a bit more. Given that the hands show the first sign of aging (gasp!) and are always exposed, it’s important to give them the care they deserve.
As an aesthetician, my mom has been playing around with some DIY hand treatments and created an amazing, rejuvenating hand mask. It’ll give your hands that instant glow and make your hand moisturizer even more effective. And it’s so easy, using ingredients you already have in your house!
What you’ll need
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon crushed cucumber
1 teaspoon grapeseed oil (you can replace it with olive oil, although grapeseed oil absorbs better and you’ll see better results)
1 tablespoon coconut or almond milk
What you’ll do
1. Check your hands for sensitivity by just testing a drop of the apple cider vinegar to the hand. If it burns, skip to step 4.
2. Apply the apple cider vinegar to one hand and massage for a minute. Do the same with the other hand. This step serves as a exfoliator and prepares the skin for the mask.
3. Rinse your hands and dry.
4. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix.
5. Apply on your hands and leave the mask on for 15 minutes.
6. Rinse your hands and dry.
7. Apply moisturizer and you’re done. You’ll notice more youthful hands!