I admit that living in California, buying a coat for the fall and winter is really an after thought. But, if there is one piece that is a must have (especially in colder weather) it’s really a great go-to coat. I love the fall statement coats that are out, as they add a bit more fashion and edge to your basic coat. It’ll come especially helpful if you go on any winter vacations where you’ll need to spend a lot of time outside and still want to look fashionable.
1. RED Valentino floral coat, net-a-porter.com, $575
2. Ohne Titel sweater jacket, Intermix, $698 (also love this lighter color moto sweater jacket at Anthropologie)
3. ASOS hooded coat with flared skirt, $95
4. Zara printed cotton trench coat, $89.99 (another cute leopard print coat from Urban Outfitters here)
5. Topshop lace overlay coat, $270
6. AllSaints plaid wool coat with shawl collar and leather sleeves, $700 (also a lighter weight plaid coat option at Nasty Gal here)