It’s hard to find a good scrub that provides the exfoliation AND the moisture needed for smooth summer skin, so my friend Noa and I decided to create our own scrub. Olive oil is the essential ingredient here – it’s a natural deep moisturizer with antioxidants to protect the skin. By adding sea salt to the olive oil, it creates an exfoliant to slough off dead skin. Sugar is much gentler on the skin, so if you have sensitive skin just replace the salt with sugar. The fresh lemon juice and mint (can be dried) add a nice scent to the scrub. An all natural moisturizing scrub for the skin with ingredients you already have!
What you’ll need
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt (or sugar if you’re looking for a gentler scrub)
- Fresh lemon
What you’ll do:
- Pour a tablespoon of sea salt or sugar (adjust depending on how much scrub you need).
- Add 2 parts olive oil for the amount of sea salt.
- Cut your lemon in half, take out the seeds, and squeeze the lemon juice to the mixture.
- Add mint for scent.
- Mix and use before shaving.